7 September 2014
Poet in the City
Poet in the City presents an event taking language to new limits.
In the first of this two-part event, you will hear words taken off the page and performed live in BSL. Celebrated deaf actors Jean St Clair and Adam Bassett, with TV presenter Ashley Kendall, will bring fresh and surprising new light to classic poems, from Robert Frost to Shakespeare to Rabindranath Tagore. After our successful Poetry and Sign event earlier this year, we're delighted to be back in BSL!
Looking in detail at the act of translating poetry, at fascinating new developments in Visual Vernacular and at what happens when poems are brought to the physical front line, this event will celebrate the universal power of poetry, through the universal tool of the body.
Adam Bassett - is an actor and comedian who's recent credits include Lysander in A Midsummer Night's Dream and Don Armado in Love's Labour's Lost (Deafinitely Theatre 2014, 2012) both at Shakespeare's Globe.
Jean St Clair - an actress, BSL consultant and BSL Creative Director. She has worked nationally and internationally as a performer on stage and television. Jean received the Best Actress award at Festival Clin d’Oeil 2013 for her role in Still Here.
Ashley Kendall - is a presenter for Magic Hands at the BBC. He is also a TV Researcher and presenter at Remark! and is on the Board of Trustee at British Deaf Association.
- MAY 16 - Deaf Rave in The Guardian Newspaper
- APR 25 - Buy Deaf Rave Tickets
- APR 09 - Deaf Rave 15 Years Anniversary Party
- SEP 12 - Deaf Rave in Music video!!!!
- SEP 12 - Deaf Rave Presents Deaf Disco 1980s
- JUL 13 - Deaf Rave Disco advert
- SEP 09 - Deaf Rave Presents Deaf Disco 1980s
- JAN 23 - Signkid new video song
- JUN 18 - Deaf Rave Summer News 2016
- JAN 08 - Deaf Rave in BBC News
- AUG 01 - Deaf Rave Music Production
- JAN 13 - Deaf Rave Music Workshop 2015
- SEP 02 - Where can you buy Deaf Rave Tickets?
- AUG 27 - BUY TICKETS VIA PAYPAL
- SEP 07 - Poet in the City
- JAN 01 - MC Geezer - Deaf Rave short doc
- JUL 22 - Deaf Rave - Sound of Silence
- JUL 23 - DEAF RAVE MUSIC PRODUCTION
- JUL 21 - Deaf Rave playing at Liberty Festival
- MAR 27 - Deaf Rave latest news!
- SEP 10 - Deaf Rave @ Dada Fest in Liverpool
- SEP 05 - DJ Chinaman @ Greenwich+ Dockland Fest
- AUG 15 - Dada Fest - Deaf Rave Advert
- MAY 20 - Volunteering at a Music Festival
- MAY 01 - Deaf Rave - Notting Hill Carnival 2013?
- APR 10 - Deaf Rave Music Production Workshop
- JAN 25 - Bloch Healing Touch Psychotherapy
- JAN 02 - Deaf Rave Music Production workshop
- SEP 02 - Deaf Rave in Metro Papers
- JUL 11 - Fair Care for the Future - Sense
- JUN 19 - Hotel Metropolitan Kantipur
- JUN 14 - Deaf Rave Music Production workshop
- JUN 06 - Deaf Rave Asian Tour 2012 FB links
- FEB 07 - male deaf actor wanted - Hollyoaks
- DEC 10 - Deaf Rave Xmas Bash
- DEC 10 - How to get DR Xmas Bash party
- NOV 10 - Latest Flash News from Deaf Rave team
- AUG 30 - Deaf Rave in the Independent Newspaper
- AUG 30 - Deaf Rave in India Newspaper Aug 2011
- JUL 20 - DJ Chinaman writes his name on the wall!
- JUN 01 - Deaf Rave Hat Party Video
- MAY 01 - Deaf Rave Hat Party Photos
- MAY 09 - Deaf Studies fighting to stay open!!
- MAY 01 - Deaf Rave raised £1000 for Vietnam
- MAY 01 - Deaf Rave Hat Party
- APR 06 - BDA Congress 2010
- JAN 01 - Deaf Schools Must Stay OPEN!
- MAY 01 - Deaf Rave Hat Party
- JAN 15 - Mentoring scheme Disabilities with BBC
- JUN 24 - Deaf Zone @ Glastonbury Festival
- JUN 22 - Deaf Rave Interview with Wellcome Trust
- MAY 29 - DJ Chinaman @ Vietnam & Far East!
- MAY 24 - Grateful Deaf American Pale Ale
- APR 16 - Chinaman Radio Interview on 92.4 FM
- APR 10 - Deaf Travel
- MAR 31 - Thank You to Everyone!
- MAR 28 - Deaf Rave Rush Hour & After Party
- MAR 28 - Deaf Rave updates Feb-April 09
- OCT 18 - Open Sign - Tyst Teater - Sweden
- JAN 01 - tEaM kLyO eXtReM™ iS NoT CrImE
- SEP 09 - R.I.P to Deaf Rastaman Pierre
- JUN 15 - D/R in the UK & Italian Newspaper
- JUL 29 - Deaf Rave on Current TV and You Tube
- MAY 13 - Drop Clause 14/4/9 of the HFE Bill
- MAY 06 - Deaf Rave in France - Lyon & Toulouse!
- FEB 16 - Deaf Rave back on Tour! To HOLLAND!
- JAN 01 - Rastafarideaf France Breakdancer
- JAN 01 - Happy NYE every1 & all the best in 08!
- NOV 30 - Frank Barns School Protest
- OCT 24 - Deaf Rave New Years Eve Party
- OCT 02 - The Show of Chavi coming to London!
- AUG 20 - BSL Human Rights E-Petition
- JUL 07 - WFD in Madrid, Spain & photo's
- JUL 07 - Deaf Rave Photo's in France
- MAR 19 - Deaf Rave Tour
- FEB 22 - Sign Matters part 1
- JAN 22 - Sign Matters part 2
- JAN 22 - Sign Matters part 3